1) I went into Barnes & Noble the other day on a lark and when I saw this display, my inner child did several cartwheels of glee.
Fifteen years?! Holy Hogwarts, Batman, where did the time go?
Also, I would have modified the sign to say “…For readers Young and Old,” but that’s just me.
Ah, the memories. *Sniffle*
2) Speaking of Potterish-ness and warm fuzzy nostalgiac feelings….
Pumpkin. ‘Tis the season, folks, and I’m totally happy about it. I plan to make it last as long as possible. I always make pumpkin pie, but this year I’m considering going all-out and making the pumpkin puree from scratch too. How Sweet Eats – inspiring me as usual.
3) Speaking of How Sweets… this autumn arugula salad with caramelized squash + pomegranate ginger vinaigrette might just be the prettiest salad I’ve ever seen in my life. Seriously.
4) All irritating governmental hoopla aside, I’m going to Washington, D.C. in a few weeks on another fabulous road trip with one of my best friends and I’m beyond excited!
We are going to visit another of our dear friends and celebrate her recent laudable achievement – she made it into the Foreign Service, yay!!! Before she goes off on adventures to parts unknown, my friend and I are eager to hang out just like old-times.
5) Speaking of D.C., it has a pretty fantastic food scene. So, my knowledgeable Internet folks, is there anywhere my friend and I have to check out while we’re there?
I know we will definitely be going back to Sticky Fingers! A vegan bakery with some smashing cupcakes? Oh yeah, we’re totally going there.